Once you are connecting to a VPN, there are other things you can do to increase your privacy and security on top of your VPN connection.
- Our applications have a feature a way to automatically connect to a specified VPN server of your choice. This way you are always connected as soon as you launch the app. Windows and Mac clients can both automatically start and connect to HotBot VPN when your system boots.
Regularly or automatically clear your browser history.
- Chrome - Clear cache & cookies - Computer - Google Account Help
- Edge - View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
- FireFox - How to clear the Firefox cache
- Safari - Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac
Use 'private mode' or 'incognito browser' window for each individual website you access.
- To avoid accidentally logging in to a website with your saved profiles. Like Gmail, or Facebook accounts.
- To prevent the sites you are visiting to track your previous browsing or geo data.
- To prevent cookies from being placed on your device.
- App Kill-Switch: A safeguard to automatically terminate any running process of your choice if the VPN connection is lost.
- Internet Kill-Switch: A safeguard to automatically terminate your internet/wi-fi connection if the VPN connection is lost.
Check for DNS Leakage
- Run a DNS leak test here